Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!


I felt good today when Braxton wrote and said he was getting my letters now. (my fault he wasn't. I wasn't pushing the Provo, Mtc button. oops)

But now he is and that makes me Happy! :) His letter this week was actually two full pages and they were even big pages. :)

He requested a bunch of addresses. Beware they could be yours if he doesn't already have them. (now if I only remember to send them to him)

Braxton said "so you remember the little Braxton who couldn't gain weight to save his life? Well, he has gained 18 pounds! Crazy Huh?" The funny thing about that is he requested cup of noodles, easy mac and microwave dinners in his p.s.. Now I'm wondering why he would want those. It sounds like he is getting plenty to eat. (LOL) I have to admit that is a first for a request like that. The other boys just wanted treats. :0)

Elder Ropelato has seen like 30 different people that he knows. I think that is cool for all of them. He even met some of my friends kids and their mission presidents. I guess it was Mission President Week and all the new Mission Presidents came. A lot of the Twelve Apostles came also. I guess all but Dallin H. Oaks, and Russel M. Nelson came on Sunday. That's exciting, even though Braxton says he didn't get to see them. Elder Oaks came later though, but Braxton didn't say if he got to see him or not. On Sunday their speaker was Stephen B. Allen. He is the director of the missionary department and he even spoke in General Conference. (a few conferences back) He is really enjoying the Firesides!

He told of a mishap that happened and so I will just put it how he said. It was like this: "so the other day after gym I went to shower and all the showers were full, so I went to the second floor, none, third floor, none, then finally the fourth floor had one and I finished my shower. I had a towel on and walked down the stairs (I forgot which side of the building I was on) and went into what I thought was my room. I opened the door and just looked around trying to figure out why in the heck I had four Anziano's (Elder's) in my room. And then, I realized it wasn't my room, so I said sorry and walked out. That was funny!"

"Oh, I accidentally said a few things in Spanish like: I was pregnant and accidentally said some bad words. No one would tell me what I said though." Oops!
"I'm doing great here! My Spanish is coming but it still stinks, I love it!"

Well, much better. A lot more information than the past. I think he is getting use to things now. Actually he is finally getting my letters and answering some of the questions. :0)

He remembered his email. It is: braxtonropelato@myldsmail.net. Braxton also sent a lot of pictures, which I just love! I bet you enjoy them too right? Underneath the pictures is what he wrote on the back of them.I love the scriptures. By the way, I spend at least 14 hours a day in that room!

Me and Elder Kodra are going to Rock the Socks off of Mexico!

Elder Cambra...he is awesome. I love this guy!

Me and Cox. Braxton's good friend from Hooper. These two are crazy and so funny. Elder Cox is going to serve in the Baltic Mission. These young men are awesome!

Look at Colin's face. He is trying hard to lift himself up! Or maybe laughing so he can't.

Elder Cambra and Elder Washburn.... Funny Guys!

Elder Braxton Ropelato, Elder DJ Hirschi, and Elder Colin Cox.

And last but not least the power of Braxton's name tag. He says: "my name tag is powerful and it is supplying the whole MTC with electricity and power." (I bet he's glad he got that name tag. :0) )

And as said before "I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!"

1 comment:

Danny said...

thats funny about him not getting letters, when i got here to costa rica they had about 10 letters for me from the time i was in the mtc so he will probably still get them someday.